Official Job Title:
Service contract/ SC 5
12 months (with possibility for extension)
Start up Date
Mid to end February 2015 latest
The “Youth Fellowship Programme” has been supported by UNFPA for the past few years. These fellowships have contributed considerably to developing capacities of many young people in various areas including programming, coordination, monitoring as well as thematic areas such as HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health (RH), gender equality, and humanitarian among others. Specifically, the fellowships contributed to 1) strengthening the capacity of the country offices in terms of human resources and effective programming for young people, 2) enforcing youth participation in UNFPA programing for young people and, 3) demonstrating great practice of youth-adult partnership in UNFPA offices.
Within the context of the Reproductive Health (RH) Programme, UNFPA Lebanon intends to recruit a fellow who is expected to provide support to the youth related projects and interventions namely on RH and HIV/AIDS implemented by various partners (government and NGOs).
The youth fellow will be working at UNFPA office on full time basis and shall undertake tasks and responsibilities in line with the Terms of Reference and as detailed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Through the tasks and responsibilities related to the youth programme in Lebanon, the fellow will be exposed to UNFPA’s work on young people at national level. The fellow will engage in concrete and ongoing projects and initiatives from a rights and gender base perspectives. Specifically and under the direct supervision of the RH National Programme Officer, the fellow will undertake the following tasks:
· Assist in following up on the actions and recommendations agreed upon between UNFPA and the various above-mentioned IPs
· Participate in monitoring activities such as field visits to attend events, meetings etc. implemented by the IPs and ensure collecting and submitting relevant information
· Assist in provision of logistic and administrative support in the organization of activities/events directly implemented by UNFPA
· Assist in preparing/reviewing minutes of meetings
· Assist in the compilation and drafting of information to be used to increase UNFPA visibility through various means and tools
· Undertake search (including through internet) to compile information, documents, material, research tools, reports, good practices, etc. that would support the implementation of the various activities/projects under this programme
· Participate in UNFPA staff meetings or any other meetings as requested
· Undertake additional tasks and functions as requested.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply on line by submitting the following:
Letter of motivation
P11 form (click to download) detailing work experience that is relevant to the vacancy requirements as indicated in the TORs
The above documents should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com no later than January 31, 2015.
UNFPA will only be responsible to respond to those applicants submitting the above required documents and in which there is further interest.
Subject: Sale of Vehicle by UNFPA Lebanon
UNFPA Lebanon has for sale “As-is” by competitive bidding, the following vehicle:
NISSAN PRIMERA 2.0 GX 1999; Serial # JNIBCAP11ZO930771
Mileage: 176,000 km
Moreover, please note the following:
UNITED NATIONS POPULATION FUND (UNFPA)- Lebanon
Arab African International Bank Building,
Riad Al-Solh Street,
Invitation to Bid #. UNFPA/LBN/2015/001
Attention: Ms. Roula Chalhoub
The UNFPA office has the right to accept or refuse any bid. The vehicle will be delivered in its present condition at the place of exposition to the buyer after payment of the related cost which covers fees for registration and customs (if applicable).
UNFPA Lebanon Office